Message from the Eco Team
We are all able to recognise the severity of global warming and the effects it has on our planet, on our lives. The Eco-Team is the group of students at this school who have decided to take action, who recognise that TOGETHER we are strong enough to make a difference.
Are YOU passionate about the environment and like to join the Eco-Team? Do you have an idea to reduce our school’s carbon footprint? Tell Miss McDonald at email@example.com
The Eco Code
- Our school, Our responsibility.
- Reduce, re-use, recycle.
- Litter in the bin not on the ground.
- Energy efficiency everywhere. Be aware of energy wasting around the school. Always follow the traffic light system in your classroom.
- New ideas, not complaints! Make suggestions to make your school greener let sunshine in, keep blinds open, let as much natural light in as possible.
- Park your car, not your legs! Take public transport or walk to school.
- Actions cause reactions. If YOU help then others may follow.
- Respect your environment; be proud of your school environment.
- Keep Orleans Park alive!
The traffic light system
The traffic light system is a way that will help us save more energy.
Classrooms would be marked as Red, Orange or Blue depending on the amount of light entering the room.
The rooms will be classified after representatives of each form will consider whether or not lights need to be on when blinds are up and rate their form rooms.
Readings will be made in each room.
The classrooms will be marked with green, orange or red.
1. Green = Blinds up, Lights off! There is enough light.
2. Orange = You may need light but not at all times.
3. Red = You may turn the light on.
Before you print.
The eco-team would like YOU to design a sticker that would remind all students and staff to reduce printing per use. This sticker will be placed on every printer in the school.
1. Must be created using MS Publisher
2. Dimensions : 38 X 21 mm (Avery L7651) this format can be found in publisher under page setup – labels.
3. Must include:
- Colours that stand out
- A catchy slogan to make people think Eg : ‘Do I really need to print this?’
For the prizes we give YOU a choice of the following prices:
Tickets for you and 2 friends for either:
- Laser quest
YOU NEED TO ATTACH YOUR DESIGN TO AN EMAIL AND SEND IT TO REBECCA HARRINGTON
The Eco-Team is continuously thinking and working on new ideas about how to enhance our school environment. New ideas are always welcome!